Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blog 12

Mill Creek Park

One year ago today I said YES!! At 5:30pm in Mill Creek Park In KC, MO Jake proposed. I typed out the story after we got back to town so here's a little flashback with all the details of the event.... HOW IT HAPPENED We were visiting KC and having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was on the same side of the street as our hotel but Jake suggested walking on the other side of the street on our walk back so we could walk through the park. I thought nothing of it because it sounded nice. While walking through the park we saw a few things. First we saw people feeding the homeless and praying with them, which totally touched our hearts. And then we saw a lady coming towards us on the path but she was walking backwards and didn't see us so we had to walk through the grass to get around her. We had a nice little laugh about that. Then Jake started taking me to look at everything interesting along the path (he was looking for the perfect place to ask) He even took me up to the big sign that lists all the donators. Im glad he didnt do it there! Haha! Then he suggested we walk to the other side of the park. I said "Why? Its out of the way." He said that it looked cool over there. I kept insisting it was silly (mostly because I'm lazy). But the he pointed out a sculpture he wanted to go look at so I said "Fine, lets go" so we cut across the grass and go to the sculpture. We stand there for a second when I say "Lets go on up this path then we'll walk down those stairs over there and cut back across the park" He said it sounded good. Then as we were walking I randomly quoted one of our favorite lines from "Employee of the Month" And he didnt even hear me! I had to repeat myself and even then he didnt seem that amused (he was nervous=) So we walk over onto what I've been calling a balcony that sits above a pretty pond. Then I'm heading for the stairs when he says "Look a crane." I dont know if thats what he actually said and he doesnt even remember but I walked over there expecting to see one of those birds you know... a crane. And then he stops me and says "I Have something I have to confess to you" I laugh a little, because he is the most trustworthy person I've ever met so I know it had to be a joke. He said "Don't laugh this is serious... I lied to you back in November, and I've been lying since. I told you I didn't have something that I did have (ring). And I don't want to lie to you anymore." At this point I don't know if I should be excited or mad so I say "If you're messing with me I'll punch you in the face." And then he puts his hand in this coat pocket and tries to pull it out but he was nervous and his hand was stuck. He finally got it out and I saw a ring!! He said "I love you so much and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He got down on one knee and said "Will you marry me" As he's saying all that I keep saying "Are you serious? Are you serious?" And then when he asks I say "YES!!!" He puts the ring on my finger, I'm overwhelmed by how perfect it is. He gets up we hug, we kiss, we smile. It's amazing.


There you have it, the story. So tonight we are going on a date and I'm excited!!!
Yesterday in the mail I got my "Bride" tank top. I'll wear that the morning of the wedding while I'm getting ready... cheesy or not I've always wanted to do that =)

No comments:

Post a Comment