Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blog 17

I probably mentioned this already but Jake and I are doing premarital counseling on Wednesday nights for about 4 or 5 weeks. We went last night for our second session and it was INCREDIBLE!!! I just feel like lately I've had a fresh perspective on so many things. Even during sermons at church I can hear the Pastor preach on something I've heard a million times but lately it just hits me in such a different way. And that's how it was last night. I was learning all about myself and why I do the things I do, and its stuff I've thought of before but last night it just seemed to all make sense and on top of that we had Bob and Tammy to help us and challenge to do specific things to work on those areas that need worked on. I am so blessed to be with Jake Turner. Not only does he go with me to these sessions, he wants to go with me and he gets out of it just as much stuff as I do, he's even the one that set this all up! I loved that when we were in the car afterward last night he referenced a verse that was talked about during the session and then he talked about how he wanted to apply it to his life.

I'll stop giving out so much personal information, I'm just so glad we were building this great foundation for our marriage. I wish everyone would. Wedding stuff... I've scanned in a lot of Jakes pictures for the slideshow and the next thing I'm going to work on is making maps for people so they know how to get from the church to the reception. And then also for my out of town family that will need to know how to get from their hotel to Mr. Yens! (Rehersal Dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment