Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Because

Because I always seem to have free time at work, and all I ever do is think about my wedding... I figured why not start a wedding blog. I only wish I would have thought of this 11 months ago when we got engaged, but hey better late than never?

Jake and I have 4 months and 29 days to go until we get hitched! I am just elated at the the thought of it. It was just as Harry said in When Harry Met Sally "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." I've always loved that line.

The Plans
The plans are going great. All the big picture stuff is complete. We have chosen Elfindale Chapel in Springfield, MO. It is actually where Jakes dad and stepmom got married AND his mom and stepdad got married on the lawn there. I didn't even know that when I chose it but I thought it was a really fun coincidence. It's a great chapel. I really wanted to choose a place that was beautiful on it's own. And it definitely is.

We decided not to have our reception there for many reasons (no dancing, unattractive wallpaper, etc) So our reception will be at Executive Conference Center. Both the Chapel and Reception Hall hold 150 people. You'd be surprised how quick those spots fill up. If you are reading this and you don't get invited, please don't be offended, we still love ya and we did the best we could to accommodate everyone. And I'm actually glad we didn't pick places with more room because it would have cost so much more. We are actually very pleased with everything all of our choices so far. I can get into more previously planned details later but right now I'll let you know what we are currently working on.

I am very hung up on getting the music figured out. Our dj's are Travel Tunes. They did Blake and Devins wedding and we thought they did a great job. We will leave most of the music up to them. But since we are such big music people there are just a few songs we want to be sure and incorporate somehow. Plus we are having a professional videographer "I Do Video" and so we also have to pick out songs for the video.

This weekend Jake and I are going to St. Louis to hang out with my family, also Jake hasn't met my brothers amazing girlfriend yet, so we will all hang out and I'm looking forward to it. However, also while we are there we are going to go to this store called Puddle Ducks, because they carry the brand of flower girl dress i want for Kenna and Ayisha, so we are going to get the order set up for that. Also I will pick out some "growing up pictures" for the picture slideshow I am making to be played at the reception. And then just a few other things. I am really looking forward to just sitting down and brainstorming with my mom to just come up with all the little details that still need worked out. Speaking of my mom she will be coming to visit in a couple weeks to get a lot of plans worked out.

I'll shut up now that I've written a long first post. But I hope you all enjoy this! I'm sure I'll stay on top of it because like I said.... work can get boring.

--Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment